WHY CHOOSE MOST MINISTRIES
There are several good reasons to choose MOST Ministries to facilitate your short-term mission teams:
- MOST Ministries has been facilitating short-term teams since 1989;
- MOST Ministries has sent over 5500 team members to 50 countries around the world;
- MOST Ministries has touched the lives of over 218,000 people with the love of Jesus in word and action.
Every MOST Ministries mission experience includes sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ through a clear Gospel presentation unless it is prohibited by the country in which the team is serving.
Our Partnership with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
MOST Ministries is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization independent of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) but operates in such a way as to foster the mission and ministry of the church, providing activities in harmony with the Synod, and respecting the doctrine and practice of the Synod at all times.
Our Standard of Excellence in Short Term Mission Membership
The U.S. Standards of Excellence in Short Term Mission is an accrediting and resourcing body for agencies who send, receive, facilitate and support short term mission endeavors. By adopting the Standards of Excellence in Short Term Mission and displaying the SOE logo, MOST Ministries demonstrates that it strives for the highest Christian and moral purpose for its teams.
By achieving the top-tier, SOE seal of accreditation, MOST Ministries meets or exceeds the highest best practice standards established for short term missions. The process to achieve accreditation is rigorous and advancement is not automatic. Accredited SOE members like MOST Ministries are recognized for their achievement, as well as for their commitment to quality and excellence in Short-Term Missions.
- Have all had at least three MOST Ministries Team experiences
- Have successfully complete a team leader training course
- Have served on the mission field as a team leader trainee
- Are well-versed in crisis management and can handle virtually any issue that may arise on the field.
- Serve as the liaison between the team and the in-country hosts
- Serve as the spiritual leader, helping team members to see Christ at work in and through them
- Are Red Cross certified in First Aid and CPR
In order to identify ministry needs, the MOST Ministry staff communicates with missionaries and national church partners around the world to see how short-term mission teams can help them meet their strategic ministry goals.
Additionally, the staff arranges all aspects of the project and travel logistics, including flights, accommodations, food, transportation, visas, travelers' insurance, etc.
- MOST Ministries daily monitors safety and security issues around the world to ensure that our teams do not face undue risk on the field
- All our teams are registered with the embassy in the country where they will travel
- We have staff on-call 24 hours a day / 7 days a week when teams are on the field
- We provide emergency contact information for family and friends at home
- We have an international medical doctor on call 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- We have more than 25 nursing protocols in place for the most common illnesses that can occur on the field
- We provide an approved medical bags for all our teams
Choosing MOST Ministries to facilitate your short-term mission team means choosing an experienced, full-service organization that will give your team the safest, most secure, life-impacting and life-transforming mission experience possible.