Mission Opportunities Short Term (MOST Ministries) is a Christian non-profit organization that connects, trains, and sends short-term mission teams throughout the world, in response to requests from missionaries and church bodies. MOST Ministries provides for the physical and spiritual needs of more than 10,000 people each year by connecting Goers, Senders and Receivers. It is a commitment to the Great Commission that has compelled MOST Ministries to go far and near for the sake of the Gospel since 1989.
|Relationships in the U.S. and Abroad |
MOST Ministries has relationships in 50+ countries and extensive experience working with international Lutheran entities such as international church bodies, missionaries, hospitals, universities, orphanages and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). MOST Ministries is a:
- Recognized Service Organization (RSO) of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS)
- Member of the Association of Lutheran Mission Agencies (ALMA)
- Accredited Member of the U.S. Standards of Excellence in Short Term Missions (SOE)
There are 40,000 sending entities (churches, schools, organizations, etc.) within North America, but only 28 (0.0007%) of them have received the accreditation status from SOE. MOST Ministries is proud to be a part of this elite group of organizations that have been recognized for excellence in things like God-centeredness, qualified leadership, comprehensive administration, and more.
MOST Ministries has facilitated international teams for Christian churches, the Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML), Lutheran and secular universities and high schools, and individuals. MOST Ministries partners with organizations such as Lead-a-Child and Ysleta Lutheran Mission (YLM) in joint short-term mission teams.
|MOST Ministries Statement of Faith |
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, living and active, with the power to transform our lives
- There is one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Our Lord Jesus Christ is both true God and true man, who was born of a virgin, died on Calvary and rose from the dead on Easter for the redemption of human sin
- Salvation is a gift from God received through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, not the result of good works
- There is a resurrection of the saved and the lost—the saved into eternal life with God and the lost into eternal damnation
- The Holy Spirit dwells in the Christian and enables him/her to live a sanctified, godly life and to perform service pleasing to the Lord
- The Church is the Body of Christ and it is our duty and privilege to fellowship with one another and in peace to love one another with pure hearts
- God adopts us as his children through the gift of Holy Baptism
- God forgives our sin and celebrates our fellowship with him and each other through the body and blood of Jesus given in, with and under the bread and wine in the Lord’s Supper
Missiology is the philosophy of mission, rooted in the Scriptures, that drives everything we do at MOST Ministries. The missiology of MOST Ministries shares the love of Jesus through evangelism, church, and community development, team members live out their faith in word and deed around the world. It is our intent to foster self-sufficiency and not dependency. Our teams are "field-driven", meaning they are requested by the missionary or national church for specific projects that will assist them in helping and connecting with their community for Jesus.