|WHAT WE DO |
|What Mission Opportunities Do We Offer? |
MOST Ministries provides opportunities for people to be strategically and personally involved in mission work through "Goer" and "Sender" activities.
A "Goer" is someone who joins a short-term mission team. With Christ as our example, each MOST Ministries team strives to address two things: physical and spiritual needs.
A "Sender" is someone who contributes their time, talent, or treasure to help our mission team members go out to serve.
- Make or purchase witnessing items to share the Gospel message
- Make or collect eyeglasses
- Collect or provide other mission supplies
- Provide prayer support
- Provide financial support
- Volunteer in the MOST Ministries office
|Where Do Mission Teams Go? |
Each year MOST Ministries receives numerous team requests from across the globe. Our teams serve in rural and urban settings and locations ranging from coastal plains to mountainous regions, from Detroit to Mongolia. MOST Ministries has served on five continents and in 50 countries.
|What Do Mission Teams Do? |
Teams minister to the physical and spiritual needs of people. Projects include: Agricultural Education, Clean Water Outreach, Construction, Dental Clinics, English Camp, Eyeglass Clinics, Health Education, Medical Clinics, Music and/or Sports Camp, Women’s, Men’s and Youth Ministries, VBS and more. Programs expand every year as new requests are received from the mission field. We carefully and prayerfully consider requests and offer those which will enhance the strategic plans of the mission field and expand local pastors’ and missionaries’ capacity to reach their goals.
Individuals and groups form teams. “Organizational Teams” consist of people all from the same organization such as a church, school, family, district, circuit, small group, or other assembly. “Individual Teams” consist of people from all over or several small groups. Typically, the minimum age for team members with a parent on the team is 12-years old, without a parent on the team, the minimum age is 14. Some projects are designated as “Family-friendly” and for those trips, the minimum age is 10-years old. Eighty and ninety-year olds have served on numerous mission teams. It is never too late to find a service opportunity that fits you!
|What Services Does MOST Ministries Provide for Mission Teams? |
- Consultation in choosing project and locations
- Air travel arrangements
- In-country arrangements (i.e. project set-up, housing, food, interpreters, ground transportation, sightseeing…etc.)
- Traveler’s health insurance
- Liability protection
- Pre-field preparation and training
- Pre-field Bible study
- Medical bag and protocols
- Crisis Management
- On-the-field leadership by a first aid and CPR certified MOST Ministries Team Leader
- 24/7 on-call travel doctor while on the field
- 24/7 on-call support from MOST Ministries while on the field
- Post-field training and Bible studies
- Post-field care & support
|What Other Services Do We Provide? |
In addition to opportunities for groups to serve in different locations each year, and thereby see and participate in more of the global church, MOST Ministries offers a Partners Program for groups looking to engage in a long-term international partnership. Support is given in identifying the U.S. group’s interests and abilities, providing information about international and mission partnerships, identifying potential partners, creating an exit strategy, facilitation of mission trips to the sister church, year-round and year-to-year support of the partnership.