MOST Ministries provides short term mission opportunities for individuals to support Christian ministries throughout the world through witness and service.
Impacting the World for Jesus Christ through Short Term Missions
Motivated by God's love, the vision of MOST Ministries is that the Word of God be clearly preached in truth and purity throughout the world, and that humanitarian needs are effectively addressed in every land.
MOST Ministries exists to be a part of the Great Commission, so that the Word of God, the good news of salvation, is brought to every person in every land.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. (Matthew 28:19-20a, NIV)
We do this both through what we say and what we do:
For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10, NIV)
MOST Ministries is guided by five core values:
- We are GOSPEL CENTERED: Everything that we do, from planning and preparing for mission trips to assimilating and evaluating the outcomes, is driven by love - from God, for God, and for our neighbor. We are grounded in our relationship with Jesus Christ and adherence to the scriptures. MOST Ministries looks for guidance in fullfilling its mission to the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and the confessions to which it subscribes.
- We are FIELD DRIVEN: We believe that the work of foreign missions must be a direct response to the requests and needs of the mission field. Through strategic planning, areas of need are identified, and a plan of action is set in place to enable team members to utilize their gifts and talents in meeting those needs.
- We are committed to NURTURING RELATIONSHIPS: We value the relationships formed with nationals, missionaries, team members, prayer warriors and other mission agencies and organizations who, by working together, can empower each other to impact the world for Jesus Christ. Without such relationships, we are stifling opportunities for essential mutual encouragement, support, and learning.
- We aspire to EXCELLENCE: We hold ourselves to high standards in all that we do, so that we do not harm our neighbor nor shame our God. This includes being fiscally responsible, planning and executing missions that are within available resources while endeavoring to use every donor gift wisely.
- We are SERVANTS: With Christ, who came to serve and not be served, as our model, we strive with Christian joy to reflect His attitude of love and servanthood. We seek always to put the needs of others before our own, both as individuals and as an organization.