MOST Ministries Board of Directors is currently seeking a full-time Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for managing the overall business of MOST Ministries utilizing a policy-based governance approach. Primary functions include developing and maintaining strategic relationships with ministry partners, cultivating, and managing fundraising efforts, developing and managing communications, overseeing staff and day-to-day operations, and driving financial performance.
Strategic Relationships and Development:
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with ministry partners, such as, LCMS Office of International Mission, LCMS World Relief and Human Care, LWML, national church leaders around the world, seminaries, congregations, church organizations, and other organizations partnering with MOST Ministries to achieve its mission.
- Oversee development of new mission opportunities.
- Cultivate relationships with donors and develop fundraising opportunities and other resources needed to support MOST Ministries’ mission.
- Oversee the Development Program and grant proposals.
- Effectively communicate and represent MOST Ministries’ mission, programs, and services to ministry partners, donors and other strategic alliances.
Operations and Financial Performance:
- Lead, develop and empower the administrative staff in fulfilling MOST Ministries’ mission and vision while operating within the policies and guidelines authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, and collaboration of staff.
- Develop an organizational culture that aligns with the ministry’s vision and mission statement.
- Ensure that operations comply with Federal, State and local laws and ordinances, such as, but not limited to, the Equal Employment Opportunity Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Facilitate strategic planning and oversee implementation of the strategic plan.
- Develop and manage programs and services that support the strategic plan and align with the ministry’s vision and mission.
- Oversee the finance administrator in developing, implementing and monitoring budgets and financial performance.
- A strong witness to Jesus Christ in word and actions.
- Member of a LCMS congregation.
- Management experience with the ability to lead under a policy-based governance approach.
- Strong public speaking and written communication skills.
- Donor development experience, including personal or organizational, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- International mission experience preferred, but not required.
Submit resume & cover letter by email to: